PRERNA is an all-volunteer non-profit organization that relies on the generosity of its volunteers who donate their time and talent. In 2016, our volunteers grew from five to over 60 people; and together, they contributed over 6,000 hours to help refugees. As PRERNA volunteers, we commit to the following values.
As an organization:
- We seek to provide the highest level of qualitative service to the refugee families we serve.
- We encourage respect for our teams and for others.
- We promote transparency in what we do.
As a team:
- We promote unity in humility. We are all one team even if we have distinct roles.
- We support discipline and respect the time of all volunteers.
- We take ownership and accountability for our actions.
We are deeply grateful for our volunteers and wish to thank every one of you for giving your precious time to support newcomers in our community as they resettle. We hope it is as rewarding an experience for you as it is for the lives that you are touching within these families.
If you would like to join PRERNA as a volunteer, there are many options and opportunities available. Whether it is welcoming a refugee family on arrival and helping with their home needs or teaching English to children and adults, there are many ways to be directly involved with program services. You can also participate in fund development, marketing or research, if you prefer to help out with projects remotely. Check out the possibilities or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.