HELP A REFUGEE FAMILY IN NEED
Millions of children and families are forced to flee from conflict-ridden countries around the world and the number of refugees is rising daily. PRERNA is a humanitarian service provider that empowers refugees resettling into the United States. We offer a comprehensive multi-year program of continuous care that meets the vital needs of families who are desperately seeking to become independent in our community.
Our humanitarian work is only made possible by the support of compassionate community members like you. By making a donation, you directly help us:
- Provide transitional lodging to refugee families when they arrive
- Furnish basic needs such as groceries, hygiene care, household and family supplies
- Find affordable housing and assist families with their move
- Support transportation needs for job interviews, education and legal appointments
- Ensure all children and adults get regular health checkups and proper medical care
- Register children and young adults into schools to restart their education
- Set up adults with cell phones and computers to communicate and apply for jobs
- Prepare refugees for entry-level and professional employment
- Teach families how to pay their bills and utilities
- Maintain a PRERNA lending library for refugee children and adults
Your donations go directly to providing essential services to refugee families so they can begin rebuilding their lives in the Bay Area. In 2016, more than 96 percent of donations were used for program services. As PRERNA is an all-volunteer non-profit organization, you can be assured that your support is going directly to helping refugees and their children build a better future here.